Friday 23 December 2011

merry lone star Christmas!

This year, we'll spend Christmas eve packing our suitcases. (Swimming things? Check. Baby monitor? Check. Camera and Flip? Check.) 
{source}
On Christmas morning at about 5.30am, we'll be bundling our sleepy boy into the car and driving to the airport. We're flying to Dallas first (about 9hrs) then on to Austin, where my Dad lives.
We won't be opening our stockings on Christmas morning this year! In fact we already did that at my mum's last Sunday, with my brother and his family. (Mine included: embroidery scissors, bias binding, chocolate marzipan, tangerine.)
{Ty Wilkins: source}
I LOVE Austin. I can't wait to: exchange gifts with my Dad and his wife; see the Christmas lights on 37th St; visit Central Market; ride the train at Zilker Park; swim in my Dad's plunge pool; see my little one chase my Dad's chickens; eat my Dad's homemade bread; eat tacos at TacoXpress... (and I might do "mommy & me yoga" - that would be sooo Austin!)
Taco Xpress on S. Lamar
Wish us luck with the Christmas day travelling adventure! I hope to post the occasional update while we're away. In the meantime I wish everyone a very merry, joyful and delightfully happy Christmas!
{lights on 37th St: source}

you may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...