Tuesday 29 November 2011

Bou!

Meet 'Bou', a little owl I made last night. He crinkles - babies like that. I had been planning to make zip pouches, but realised that I had the wrong kind of zipper foot for my machine. I remembered this great video tutorial I'd seen a few days ago (see below) and it was such a simple, easy idea I thought I'd give it a try.
I love the fact that it's so easy to find great, simple ideas on the internet. I didn't need to watch the whole tutorial or watch it again it to make this because it gives you an idea for making something very cute with very simple techniques.
Bou is made from a mix of recycled and new materials, including an old jersey dress of mine for the back (nice and snuggly but a bit hard to sew) and reused ribbons from gifts for the feet and tummy. I also used the wrapping from a packet of delicious chocolate biscuits we finished last night to make the crinkle texture. I love not having to throw something away!

you may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...